Am I the only one who is completely in awe that we have a living prophet on the earth today? I mean, you read about all these ancient prophets in the Bible and it doesn't seem like it'd be possible for us to have people capable of doing the same exact things that they did. However, we have one of those prophets here today who is just like they were! I think that is amazing.
I don't think we fully realize how much of a blessing it is for us to live in a time where we have a living prophet on the earth. He serves as a mouthpiece for God. The words that President Thomas S. Monson speaks to us are the things that our Heavenly Father needs us to hear at this time, so it is crucial that we spend time reflecting on the words that President Monson has spoken.
There are so many amazing quotes from President Monson. He is truly inspired by God and I know that he speaks wisdom and truth. I love hearing him speak and reading conference talks that he has given in the past. I went through and found some quotes that I thought were super motivating and can provide a lot of peace. I hope you like these quotes as much as I do!
1. "Our responsibility is to rise from mediocrity to competence, from failure to achievement. Our task is to become our best selves. One of God's greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final." "The Will Within" (April 1987 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1987/04/the-will-within?lang=eng
2. "He who knows us better than we know ourselves, He who sees the larger picture and who knows the end from the beginning, has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask." "We Never Walk Alone" (October 2013 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/we-never-walk-alone?lang=eng
3. "My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." "Be of Good Cheer" (April 2009 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/04/be-of-good-cheer?lang=eng
4. "I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you to not let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey - now." "Finding Joy in the Journey" (October 2008 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/finding-joy-in-the-journey?lang=eng
5. "We are strengthened by the truth that the greatest force in the world today is the power of God as it works through man." "Examples of Righteousness" (April 2008 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/04/examples-of-righteousness?lang=eng
6. "Decisions are constantly before us. To make them wisely, courage is needed - the courage to say no, the courage to say yes. Decisions do determine destiny." "The Three Rs of Choice" (October 2010 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-three-rs-of-choice?lang=eng
7. "Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love." "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" (October 2010 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-divine-gift-of-gratitude?lang=eng
8. "We have answered His call; we are on His errand. Let us learn of Him. Let us follow in His footsteps. Let us live by His precepts. By so doing, we will be prepared for any service He calls us to perform." "The Priesthood - A Sacred Gift" (April 2015 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/the-priesthood-a-sacred-gift?lang=eng
9. "Send that note to the friend you've been neglecting; give your child a huge; give your parents a hug; say "I love you" more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." "Finding Joy in the Journey" (October 2008 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/finding-joy-in-the-journey?lang=eng
10. "Life is perfect for none of us, and at times the challenges and difficulties we face may become overwhelming, causing our light to dim. However, with help from our Heavenly Father, coupled with support from others, we can regain that light which will illuminate our own path once again and provide the light others may need." "Be an Example and a Light" (October 2015 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/be-an-example-and-a-light?lang=eng
11. "As we make Christ the center of our lives, our fears will be replaced by the courage of our convictions." "Be an Example and a Light" (October 2015 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/be-an-example-and-a-light?lang=eng
12. "Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, He is with us. He has promised that this will never change." ""I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee"" (October 2013 General Conference). https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/i-will-not-fail-thee-nor-forsake-thee?lang=eng
I know that these words are true, and they can provide us insurmountable peace if we obey President Monson's teachings. He is so full of wisdom! I am grateful for him and the blessing he is to this church.